60001 Pre-Vent® is a vapor control cap that has a cast-iron base with a powder painted cap
A Pre-Vent® is a vapor control cap for use on the following:
• Small above ground farm, commercial gasoline, and distillate tanks.
• Fuel transfer and small oil storage tanks.
• Industrial oil transfer tanks.
The pressure cap valve on the Pre-Vent opens to reduce pressure, while the vacuum release opens when the tank cools. It is designed for a 2" NPT (national pipe thread) tank opening.
CIM-TEK has recently made improvements to our Pre-Vent to ensure better fluid removal and a longer lasting design. Rule of thumb for Pre-Vent cap replacement is three years.
The benefits of the Pre-Vent include:
• Helping maintain fuel quality by reducing condensation and evaporation loss.
• It is designed to divert rain and condensation away from the fill hole.
The Pre-Vent can be ordered in 2 styles:
1) 60001 is the cast-iron base with a powder painted cap.
2) 60002 is the cast-iron base with powder painted cap featuring a security anti-theft arm.
Replacement parts 60003 (replacement cap) and the 50012 (adaptor) can also be ordered.